Waiting room management software
- What is Timmic ?
- Starting the server
- Starting the client
- Version History
- Source Code
What is Timmic ?
Timmic is a collaborative waiting room management software for medical cabinet (health, dentistery...) either hostpital.
Easy to use, Timmic provides critical information about your cabinet status.
- Top above edition panel to enter new visitors (4 types distinguished: patient, friend, professionals and unknown)
- Centered waiting room panel indicating waiting (with colored sphere for delay), in process or processed visitors
- Changing appointment status is done by simple double-clicking on colored spheres
- Instant Messaging area with bell quick message
- Bottom filters area to fit the waiting room display
To quickly setup Timmic (both server and client):
Open the server installation directory (the one you choose during installation process) and:
- On windows operating systems : Launch the run.bat command located at timmic-jboss-server\bin directory
- On *nix operating systems including Mac OS X: Launch the run.sh command located at timmic-jboss-server/bin directory
Once the server is started, you can check the installation at the following url: http://yourserver:8080/timmic where yourserver is either computer name or your ip address.
- Mac OS X users can either launch Timmic client by using the application icon
- Windows users can double-click on the timmic-client.jar file located in the client's installation directory
- Once the server is started, launch a web navigator at http://yourserver:8080/timmic and click on the link. This will start the Java WebStart process.
The login window must appear (sometimes after a short delay due connexion timeout duration). It is probable that you will have to setup the server address.
At first installation startup, the database is empty without any user information data. To login the first time and setup users, use:
- name: root
- password: admin
This user must not be used for later work.
Agenda view (day mode)
Information lateral panel
Snapshots are taken in French on Mac Os X (development platform)
Please refer to Sourceforge's bug tracker system to report bugs.
- In this release:
- Agenda is available !
- Information panel
- Installation refactoring
- Global refactoring (Hibernate 3, JBoss 4...)
- Known issues:
- Agenda appointment resizing not implemented
- Agenda current selection synchro not implemented
- Instant messaging does not popup automatically
- Bug fixes:
- Delay coloration spheres management
- several bugs in appointment edition
- User manual.... all contributors are welcome !
- .ICS format support (for Apple's iCal or Mozilla WebCalendar imports)
- Instant messaging management
- User list is not refreshed in global app
Change history available here
The source code for Timmic is available. It is compacted as a simple .tar.gz file. All necessary
libraries necessary for compilation, deployment and execution are availlable at sourceforge project's page.
Original concept : Dr François PETIT, plastoc surgeon exercising in Paris. (www.docteur-petit.fr)
Realization : Frédéric SAVINO, software engineer in Bordeaux.
Timmic is distributed under the terms of a LGPL license and hosted by SourceForge.
Timmic logo and icons is courtasy of Stéphane Jungers.
Spanish version is available thanks to Federico Misael.